I am an Assistant Professor at Department of Environmental Law, Faculty of Law, Universitas Gadjah Mada, Indonesia, with research interets in Socio-Legal Studies, Environmental Law, Comparative law, Law and Development, Social Movement, and Spatial Planning Law & Governance
Asia Research Center, Murdoch University, Australia
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Asian Studies, February 2013 - January 2017
University of Nottingham, the United Kingdom
Master of Laws (LL.M) in Environmental Law, September 2010 - September 2011
International Institute for Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation, University of Twente, the Netherlands
Short Course on Environmental Impact Assessment and
Strategic Environmental Assessment, June 2007
Faculty of Law, Atmajaya University of Yogyakarta,Indonesia
Bachelor of Law, September 2000 - April 2004
Faculty of Law, Universitas Gadjah Mada
Teaching Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programs, 2015- present
Course Units: Environmental Law, Spatial Planning Law
and the Environment, Comparative Environmental law, Sociology of Law, Jurisprudence
Indonesian Forum for the Environment/Friends of the Earth Indonesia
Executive Director for the Bali Chapter Office, 2008-2010
Outstanding Lecturer for Research Category
awarded by the Faculty of Law, Universitas Gadjah Mada, 2018
FELLOWSHIP / AWARDS
- Alexander von Humboldt Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, 2021-2023
- Murdoch International Postgraduate Scholarship (MIPS), Murdoch University, 2013-2016
- International Fellowship Program (IFP) Ford Foundation, 2010-2011
- Netherlands Education Support Office (NESO) Indonesia, 2007
EXPERTISE & VOLUNTARY
- Expert Witness in Environmental Law before the Administrative Court of Bengkulu concerning the Teluk Sepang Coal Plant
- Expert Witness in Environmental Law before the Administrative Court of Jakarta concerning The Jakarta Reclamation Case
- Expert Witness in Environmental Law before the Administrative Court of Denpasar concerning the Celukan Bawang Coal Power Plant
- Expert Team for Legal Drafting of the District Regulation concerning the Rights of Persons with Disabilities in Buleleng District
- Expert Team for Legal Drafting of the Provincial Regulation concerning the Rights of Persons with Disabilities for Bali Province
- Expert Team for Legal Drafting of the Provincial Regulation concerning Spatial Planning for Bali Province
- Assessment Team for the Earthquake in Yogyakarta and Central Java, IDEP Foundation
- Humanitarian Volunteer for the Aceh Tsunami and Eathquake
Relief, Meulaboh, Aceh
- 2019. The International Symposium on the Anthopocene, Center for Anthropocene Studies, South Korea.
- 2019. The 4th Annual Conference on the Law and Development Research Network: The Plurality of Law and Development, organised by Law and Development Research Network (LDRN) and Humboldt University, Berlin.
- 2019. The 11th International Convention of Asia Scholars, Leiden University, the Netherlands;
- 2018. The Asian Studies Association of Australia (ASAA) Conference, the University of Sydney, Australia;
- 2018. The Inaugural Critical Tourism Studies Asia Pacific Conference, Universitas Gadjah Mada, Indonesia;
- 2017. The Indonesia-Australia-Netherlands Community on Social-Legal Studies (IANC) 1st International Conference on Legal Reform in Indonesia: Toward Justice, Universitas Gadjah Mada, Indonesia;
- 2017. The 10th International Convention of Asia Scholars, Chiang Mai University, Thailand;
- 2016. Seminaire de Recherche AUSser/ISP "Du Paysage Cultural au Paysage Urbain Historique Quand les Territoires Deviennent Partimoine, Ecole National Superieure d'Architecture de Paris-Belleville, France;
- 2016. The Heritage and Social Movements Workshop: Heritage Activism, Politics and Practices in Asia-Ocenia, Curtin University, Australia;
- 2016. The International Conference on Heritage as Aid and Diplomacy, Leiden University, the Netherlands;
- 2016. The Workshop on New Law, New Villages? Changing Rural Indonesia, KITLV, Leiden University, the Netherlands;
- 2015. The International Conference on Legal Pluralism: Normative Interfaces of Globalisation and High-Tech Capitalism: Legal Pluralism and the Neoliberal Turn, Indian Institute of Technology (ITT) Bombay, India;
- 2014. The International Conference on State Policy and the Cultural Politics of Heritage-Making in East and Southeast Asia, ISEAS, Singapore;
- 2015. The Australian Research Council International Workshop on Intangible Cultural Heritage Across Borders: Laws, Structures and Strategies in China and its ASEAN Neighbours, Deakin University, Australia;
- 2013. The Young Scholars Workshop. Asian Legal Studies: New Issues and New Scholarship, Center for Asian Legal Studies, National University of Singapore, Singapore;
- 2012. The International Conference on Bali in Global Asia: Between Modernization and Heritage Formation, Udayana University, Indonesia.
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS
- 2019. Contemporary Bali: Contested Space and Governance (Singapore: Palgrave Macmillan)
- 2012. Melawan Lupa: Narasi-Narasi Taman 65 Bali [Against Amnesia: Narations of Taman 65 Bali]. Denpasar: Taman65 Press [co-edited with Roberto Hutabarat].
- 2009. Berubah atau Diubah: Lembar Fakta dan Panduan tentang Perubahan Iklim dan Pemanasan Global[Change or Be Changed: Fact Sheets and Guidance on Climate Change and Global Warming]. Yogyakarta: Insist Press [with Hira Jhamtani and Kadek Lisa].
- 2020. "Neoliberalizing Heritage: International Agencies and the Local Dynamics of Heritage Conservation in Bali, Indonesia," in Heritage as Aid and Diplomacy, edited by Philippe Peycam, Shu-Li Wang, Hui Yew-Foong, & Hsin-Huang Michael Hsiao, 298-324, Singapore: ISEAS Press.
- 2020. "Neoliberalizing Cultural Landscapes: Bali's Agrarian Heritage." Critical Asian Studies 52 (2): 270-285.
- 2019. "Utopian Resort Living: Islands of Reclamation and Environmental Resistance in Bali dan Western Australia." Journal of Tourism and Cultural Change (co-authored with Thor Kerr).
- 2018. "Sustaining the Unsustainable: Environmental Impact Assessment and Overdevelopment in Bali" Asia Pacific Journal of Environmental Law 21 (2): 101-125 (co-authored with Carol Warren)
- 2018. "Legal Engineering in a Contest over Space in Bali" Australian Journal of Asian Law 19 (1): 1-12.
- 2017. Moving Away From Paternalism: The New Law on Disability in Indonesia.” Asia Pacific Journal on Human Rights and the Law18 (2): 172 195 (co-authored with Ni Putu Yogi Paramitha Dewi);
- 2017. “Neoliberalisasi Kawasan Perairan Teluk Benoa: Sebuah Catatan Kritis atas Praksis Perlawanan di Bali.” Wacana: Journal of Social Transformation35: 55-90;
- 2015. "Debating Spatial Governance in the Pluralistic Institutional and Legal Setting in Bali" Asia Pacific Journal of Anthropology 16 (2): 106-122;
- 2014. "Alliances and Contestation in the Legal Production of Space: The Case Bali" The Asian Journal of Comparative Law 9 (1): 145-171;
- 2013. “Hak Atas Lingkungan: Sebuah Pengantar Diskusi [The Right to Environment: An Introduction for Further Discussions]” Jurnal Advokasi3 (2): 171-183; 2012.“Access to Justice for Indigenous Peoples in International Law.” Indonesian Journal of International Law9 (2): 309-325;
- 2012. “A Critical Analysis of REDD+ Legal Architecture in Reducing Emissions from Forestry Sectors in Indonesia.” Indonesia Law Review2 (1): 75-110.
- 2012. “The Kyoto Protocol’s Dilemma: An Assessment of the Flexible Mechanism in Addressing Climate Change.” Jurnal Advokasi2 (2): 174-183.
Pascasarjana Universitas Ngurah Rai
Jl. Kampus Universitas Ngurah Rai
Telp (0361) 4713030 || firstname.lastname@example.org